- It was a hot, sunny day on Fanny Hill as thousands of racers across the state, country and even world came out to compete for the Spartan Snowmass mountain race series Aug. 3, and Kenneth “Kenny” Crochet was excited to be one of them.
- Crochet, of Colorado Springs, was set to take on his last leg of a Spartan Race trifecta, or third Spartan race completed in one calendar year, which would earn him a special medal and Spartan recognition.
- Soon after these photos were taken, they became the last time Crochet’s smile would be captured.
- “You know he was being worked harder than anything, but you didn’t see that on him, he was just filled with joy in what he was doing,” Crochet’s older brother, Steve, said in a phone interview late last week.
- “I’ll miss how you’d stop by every day to say good morning & goodbye without fail, and if my door was closed because I was in a meeting, you’d wave & smile through the window until you were sure I saw you,” a coworker wrote.
Read full article: postindependent.com