- This is of no surprise because just few months earlier, during his keynote speech at the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party, Xi called for “deep integration between [China’s] real economy and advanced technologies including the internet, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence.
- Chinese users use Apps like WeChat to do an astonishing range of real-world activities like buying groceries, book doctor’s appointments, manage their electricity and water utilities, take out microloans.
- SenseTime independently developed a proprietary deep learning platform, multiple supercomputing centres, and a range of AI technologies such as face recognition, image recognition, object recognition, text recognition, medical image analysis, video analysis, autonomous driving, and remote sensing.
- Smart checkout process at airport just with use of facial recognition.
- There are multiple ways in which the Chinese state engages in surveillance, including Internet surveillance, camera surveillance in public, the recent social credit surveillance, and other supporting digital technologies.
Read full article: medium.com