- PITTSFIELD – The Town Hall chimney has fallen down, but participants in the Spartan Death Race were on hand this week to gather up the bricks.
- The chimney collapsed Saturday, and it just so happens that the 2019 Spartan Death Race is being held this week.
- The race has participants complete various obstacles and challenges and has been held around Pittsfield since 2010, said race director Jason Barnes in a Thursday phone interview.
- He said Select Board Chairman Charles Piso contacted him after the Town Hall chimney collapsed.
- On Town Meeting Day, held in the nearby Pittsfield Federated Church, voters approved the creation of an exploratory committee to see what could be done with the Town Hall.
Read full article: rutlandherald.com