- Regular exercise can help lower your risk of type 2 diabetes, obesity and arthritis, as well as increase your energy and help you sleep better , according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention .
- As for when you should expect to see the benefits, some you’ll experience right away, like an increase in energy.
- Others, like muscle gain or fat loss, might take a month or two for results to show.
- Working out can also improve your blood pressure, lower your resting heart rate and decrease cholesterol levels, all of which help reduce your risk of death from cardiovascular disease, according to a 2018 article in Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine .
- In addition to feeling a little sore, when you’re consistently physically active, you should notice muscle gain (looking at you, abs).
Read full article: livestrong.com