- Meet Mark Hamlin and Shirley Parry, the two Canadians who are about to run seven marathons on seven continents in seven days
Two Canadians are in Cape Town, South Africa this week on their way to the World Marathon Challenge, which starts in Novo, Antarctica on Thursday, January 31.
- Antarctica is the first of seven marathons to be run on seven continents in seven days.
- We spoke to Mark Hamlin of Toronto and Shirley Parry (who currently lives in California but plans to return to Vancouver), to find out what led each of them to embark on this unique challenge.
- A post shared by Mark Angus Hamlin (@markangushamlin) on Jan 28, 2019 at 3:24am PST
- After Antarctica (where the temperature is currently a surprisingly moderate 2 C), the group will fly back to Cape Town for their next marathon, then Perth (Australia), Dubai (Asia), Madrid (Europe), and Santiago (South America), finishing with Miami (North America) on February 6.
Read full article: runningmagazine.ca